Saturday, August 11, 2007

DayWatch

I've just started reading DayWatch by Lukyanenko and it is an interesting sequel to NightWatch. He picks up where the first book leaves off but instead of keeping the same protagonist it is written from the viewpoint of the "enemy". It is quite interesting, although, if the reader had absolutely no knowledge of the Soviet era and Russia's current politics it might have parts that would be confusing.

The more I surf around on Blogspot and look at some of the "Blogs of Note" I wonder about the mental health care system in the U.S. 'cus let me tell you there are some seriously wacky sites. I mean there are some cool ones, I've mentioned a few in previous entries, but some of it is just incomprehensible crap. I mean, if it is for their own amusement, like mine is, then these people have some issues. If they are doing it for theoretical readers, then they have some MAJOR issues. Who wants to see a bunch of pictures of you and your drunken college friends? Not me. But hey if that is what you want to post on the Internet at least have some snarky captions or something.

No comments: